Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-01-2007 , 02:35 AM

Mental Ray

Hello fellow mayans

I am new to Maya and need some basic information on using Mental Ray. I am not even sure where to begin as I am getting an error message when I turn it on in the render settings. Any information at all would be great on how to use it with lights and objects, both transparent and matte. (settings, calculations, etc.)

I just need some basic info.... at least on how to get it to work.... Thnx

Last edited by amandala11; 13-01-2007 at 04:38 AM.
# 2 13-01-2007 , 08:43 PM
Anyone?

ya gotta give me a little somethin to work with here...!

How do I get rid of the error message? Saying that it failed. What do i need to do?

Last edited by amandala11; 13-01-2007 at 08:54 PM.
# 3 13-01-2007 , 11:05 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hi Amanda

Is it failing to actually load Mental Ray or is it failing to render a specific object?

Check the plugin manager to make sure its loaded there, if its an object that fails to render check the script editor, it will tell you what is wrong most likely for both accounts

Sorry for the delay in any reply...

Cheers
Jay