Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-02-2008 , 12:41 AM

Predator Annihilator

Took me about a week (and some technical help from mirek03 and jsprogg) and I finally got this as a result:

user added image

user added image

user added image

I'm still technically working on the model, like putting on realistic shading and textures to give it more of a "tank" feel. If anyone has suggestions on how I can improve this Warhammer classic, or textures I should use, I'd appreciate it.

~huntaer~

# 2 20-02-2008 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
wow, thats ice. Maybe a nice green/black/brown camoflague would go well with it?

# 3 22-02-2008 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber
Space Marines value chapter colours above camouflage.

This goes so deep that camouflage would actually destroy its warhammer feel user added image since Space Marines just dont camouflage.

Theyll meet you head on and tear you apart and they want you to know wich chapter it was that defeated you.

Aye, they tough as nails user added image

I like the model, But wich chapter is this? user added image
the black trim makes it difficult to make out the shape against a black background.

In ICT there are two kinds of people : Technically challenged artists, and artistically challenged technicians.

I am, without a doubt, the latter.
- Dave
# 4 22-02-2008 , 07:48 PM

Originally posted by DDSilver
Space Marines value chapter colours above camouflage.

This goes so deep that camouflage would actually destroy its warhammer feel user added image since Space Marines just dont camouflage.

Theyll meet you head on and tear you apart and they want you to know wich chapter it was that defeated you.

Aye, they tough as nails user added image

I like the model, But wich chapter is this? user added image
the black trim makes it difficult to make out the shape against a black background.

This is one of my original chapters using the combination of (depending on the Race or Chapter I'm going against) Cleans and Purify, No Mercy No Respite and Take the Fight to Them as well as Have Pride in Your Colors, We Stand Alone, and Eye to Eye. I'm also planing to make all the other classics too. Maybe even a Titan or a Dropship.

As to the black background, I found there's not much I can do about that as I don't have a clue on how to change it. If I could, I'd change to more of a greyish color to fully see the rest of the Predator (as it is, you can barely make out the Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter).

# 5 08-03-2008 , 12:35 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Spend more time then a week is the only thing i 'm going to say.
I will not say it's bad, because as far as i can see it's not finished.
The model looks blocky, lighting isn't good either.

So just spend more time refining the models you make instead of rushing from project to project.

Good luck

# 6 08-03-2008 , 04:58 PM

Originally posted by mastone
Spend more time then a week is the only thing i 'm going to say.
I will not say it's bad, because as far as i can see it's not finished.
The model looks blocky, lighting isn't good either.

So just spend more time refining the models you make instead of rushing from project to project.

Good luck

Actually, the tank is suppose to be blocky. The Imperium of Man doesn't like the smooth look.

I am, however, working on making the texture look more dirty and battered as though it's seen a good hundred battles. I'm also working on better lighting. (I think I was a little vague on my request as to where I wanted the thread moved...)

# 7 09-03-2008 , 08:41 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
yeaj the textures do need work