Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-06-2009 , 01:52 AM

Textures not found - rendered as RED

Problem is obvious via attachment.

Rendering with Mental Ray. Have tried on the render network and off the network. Have tried rebuilding the cache. Have tried with original texture files (png) and .map files. Texture files are between 2048x2048 and 4096x4096 in size. 20000 polys.

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 2 19-06-2009 , 11:31 PM
Been going insane trying to figure this out... but I've made some headway. It has to do with map and exr files. Optimized textures should render faster, but for me they render blank or red and the system tells me that the files and data within are invalid. At first I thought it was network rendering only, but I now know that it isn't JUST network renders, but also pure local renders do it SOMETIMES though less consistently. I've looked through manuals, forums, etc, but no one seems to have had my issue. Ideas, anyone?

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 3 19-06-2009 , 11:48 PM
The Nurb Herd
convert to a tif user added image

# 4 20-06-2009 , 12:54 AM
If only it were that easy :<

Even with optimized textures disabled it wants to create .map files during render, an they fail.

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer