Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-01-2010 , 02:40 PM

using max 1.1.4 rig

the rig can be found at creative crash, found at https://www.creativecrash.com/maya/do...c/max-for-maya

now i'm trying to make it push an object, or use a chair as leverage to get up. Now to do so, the body moves, but the hands remain in relatively same place.

The body is moved through a root around the waist. Lifting the body, move the hands. How do i lock the hands in place/temporarily disable the influence of the root so i can perfrom this movement.

Thank you,

steve

# 2 24-01-2010 , 06:43 PM
Technical Director
There should be an IK/FK switch on the rig that will allow you to do this.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 25-01-2010 , 10:12 AM
thank you for your reply,
ive tried this but then the arm turns to jelly. is there an alternative, or is this a problem with the rig??
there is also i chance i havent done it correctly, because I am new to maya. not sure