Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-02-2003 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber

your site was wiped out

admins.

I recently found a link to another web site through a blend shape question here in this forum.

I went there and some one was wanting help on a robot rig.

Well what better then for me to tell him about the cyber dog?

So I did and today he post has been removed. Seems they dont want simply maya on there site at all yet after searching here I find loads of links to them.

Now I know you dont like duplicate links in the links forum which to be honest is a great idea as all the new ones get pushed down by old ones that have been posted and i think people should learn to search first.

But you never shut of delete posts if some one says "i need help on blend shapes" then you dont shut it if some one posts "heres one" and links.

Now im not trying to cause trouble but I think its really unfair how people treat you as I bet 280 of his 300 members probably came from here (or buzz user added image) anyway.

here is the post i wrote in there members area

"hello admins

I posted a great tutorial yesterday in the animation section for a man called phillip to look at to help him with his robot.

the link was for a tutorial at simplymaya.com

I look today and it has been removed - why?

I searched the simply maya site to see if you are indeed listed on there servers and I found 18 different entrys of digital tutors site.

That not including the one that helped me find this site yesterday after someone posted your blend shape tutorial.

I find this out of order. The thread was in between another post so it didnt just vanish. Why did you delete it. I see in your sig that you want us to Spread the Word and spam the hell out of sites but when its your own its different right?

I will inform the admin at simplymaya of this as this is bad. How big is there is there iste to this? You probably get a lot of your visitors from there. I am very angry at this"

End Quote

I just think you might want to consider stoping links to these mean assholes as why should they benefit and you not?

and to think this guy is all for the "please spread the word etc...."

yes, as long as it isnt spread back

# 2 13-02-2003 , 07:28 PM
Well, I know this sounds like a pain in the arse, but you could just email the user directly from now on if need be...

That sucks bigtime tho man....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com

# 3 13-02-2003 , 07:41 PM
SM Tea Boy
Not the end of the world most boards remove links to places they see as competition its understandable from a business point of view ,we don't remove links but nor will we have 20 links posted to the same place in the same forum, but then again we don't ask people to actively post and promote our site on other ppls so i considers this by DT to be a bit out of order.

I'm tempted to close this as what happens of DT is really none of our concern ill leave it open for now but i don't want to see it get out of hand.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 4 13-02-2003 , 07:49 PM
Kevin
Im not going to say any thing until I calm down - but Im pretty pissed off

I wish I could be like you Dave. I applaud your calmness

yes I remove duplicate sites in the tutorial area but only if the site is on the next page and people cant use the search... but I never remove a post where someone wants help and a tutorial is linked up.

# 5 13-02-2003 , 08:11 PM
I love this site and I like to use dt and buzz but I saw the response and I did a search for you guys and they have tons of links to you.

I think the two sites really add to each other. I am not sure why the link was gone but in fairness I posted a link to buzz's site here when the school opened and a mod removed it. So I guess they do it here too.

# 6 13-02-2003 , 08:27 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by 3dbuzz
I love this site and I like to use dt and buzz but I saw the response and I did a search for you guys and they have tons of links to you.

I think the two sites really add to each other. I am not sure why the link was gone but in fairness I posted a link to buzz's site here when the school opened and a mod removed it. So I guess they do it here too.

Hmmm interesting we have never removed a link to 3dbuzz (that i know of) what would be the point you would have to be blind to miss 3dbuzz on the net user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 7 13-02-2003 , 08:36 PM
When the online classes started I posted a link and the mods took it off. I figured it was just something you guys did.

# 8 13-02-2003 , 08:37 PM
I also posted a note about some free videos there and I got a PM from someone at Simply Maya and it pretty much said dont do that. So I quit coming by for a while.

# 9 13-02-2003 , 08:38 PM
Kevin

It wasnt wipped out.. here it is:

https://www.forum.simplymaya.com/show...4568#post24568 user added image

Thanks ..so you can remove that last post user added image

# 10 13-02-2003 , 08:40 PM
Kevin
and if I remember the other post you where referring to - it was a "FREE FREE WE ARE FREE - We dont charge post"

which was a direct dig at our vip area. So yes it was deleted and I told you the reason why user added image

# 11 13-02-2003 , 08:48 PM
but why did you delete it if you say you don't. I remember now you sent me a PM and you were not nice about it. I wanted to let others know about some new videos and you guys took off the message.

3dlover - I should have been as pissed off about it as you were but I figured that it is just business.

# 12 13-02-2003 , 08:52 PM
SM Tea Boy

but why did you delete it if you say you don't. I remember now you sent me a PM and you were not nice about it. I wanted to let others know about some new videos and you guys took off the message.

3dlover - I should have been as pissed off about it as you were but I figured that it is just business.

Ahhhh i remember you now, i remember that post as well dident we close and delete your user account as well, we removed it becuase you were rude not becuase it has buz in it.

David

# 13 13-02-2003 , 08:54 PM
Kevin

becauae there are 2 ways to post things

one way is to say "awesome tutorials here and link"

the other is the way you done it... It was a direct dig at what we do at the VIP area and that we charge.

And it wasnt a nice post....thus I removed It and I told you why.

NASTY posts aimed at what we do or any of our members do ARE removed!

In fact The only post I have removed Is one form the tutorial forum the other day as the same site was on the next page.

# 14 13-02-2003 , 08:57 PM
I am sorry i f I ws rude but I was just excited about the new videos. I don't have much money and neither do others and I thought it would be nice to share. You still removed the link and earlier you said you didn't do that. I guess it is ok u to do it but not others. I checked buzz's site and they have lots of links to you and your free stuff too.

# 15 13-02-2003 , 09:02 PM
SM Tea Boy

I am sorry i f I ws rude but I was just excited about the new videos. I don't have much money and neither do others and I thought it would be nice to share. You still removed the link and earlier you said you didn't do that. I guess it is ok u to do it but not others. I checked buzz's site and they have lots of links to you and your free stuff too.

There is lots of links to buzz on this site we don't remove them we removed your post because it was inappropriate not because it had anything to do with buzz.