Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-05-2003 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber

Radeon 9000 mobilty Issues

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop with a radeon 9000(128 ram) mobility card in it. It works fine for me except in Maya i have a serious issue that whenever i move ANYTHING in world space the program freezes and i get a blue screen telling me the vid. card got stuck in an infinite loop. Upon rebooting windows tells me the video card was responsible for the crash. I am positive that I have the most up-to-date drivers for the card and the hypershade, and hypergraph appear to be relatively stable. Anyone else know anything about this issue or how it can be fixed?

# 2 23-05-2003 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
have you downloaded and updated the drivers? My works okuser added image

# 3 23-05-2003 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
i'm pretty sure theyre up to date, what version do you have?

"The nutmeg is the epitome of nuts"
# 4 23-05-2003 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
Dowload the newest driver and go Here to read up on your system setup. but download the new Driver firstuser added image

# 5 24-05-2003 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
hm... I downloaded those Catalyst drivers, but i got an INF error on installation. Could be my LCD display as well, Are you sure youre using the Radeon 9000 pro?

"The nutmeg is the epitome of nuts"
# 6 24-05-2003 , 04:52 PM
Subscriber
Yea I have a 9700 pro but not a 9000 (sorry) it should be a tech problem you can email ATI for the help as well, but heres a quote you can try
__________________________________________________ __
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nirsul
[B]Hi guyZ

Thanks for the replies to my question but I am happy to tell you that the most irritating problem with the ATI card was actually NOT A PROBLEM,

(crowd sighs !):o :o :o

I have watched a vid tutorial that came with the games and interactive book from Alias (highly recommended and currently available at half the price at Alias' store) and the solution was actually presented there - I just had to turn FAST INTERACTION OFF.

Strange that no one in any forum I had previously posted this problem suggested this as a solution.

Yee Ha !
__________________________________________________ __