Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-11-2002 , 09:37 PM

I can't batch render animations! + 'aim'

I'm fairly new to maya and am running 2.5 on windows xp with a geforce 4 mx440 card. This might be quite a basic problem, but for some reason whenever I go to batch render an animation and create a 'mov' file, I'm told 'could not save file'. Somebody please help! It's strange since I can preview and playblast the scene. Obviously a 'mov' file is the correct filetype since 'ma' and 'mb' are not output files?

Also, another strange problem I'm having!: Whenever I 'constrain>aim' a camera or light to an object, the camera/light is always pointing precisely 90 degrees to the left of the object no matter where I position the camera/light. Any ideas?

regards,

Jim.

# 2 10-11-2002 , 10:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
Actually, I don't think Maya can output a .mov.

As for your aim constraint, it sounds like you need to go into the options and put a -1 or a 1 in either the X Y or Z box... it'll take a little experimenting and Trial and Error to get it.

# 3 23-12-2004 , 03:34 PM

"error cannot find available port" WHY!

Running maya 6 on a fast machine yet everytime i try and batch render "Error cannot find an available port"...if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.