Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 20-10-2006 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
Bro..go prehistoric..
Like a giant sloth or..
eh..
Gigantophiticus...or how ever you spell it..
Maybe Arsinoitherium
Or Macruechenia
Ral stuff, but looks kick ass..and you still get a bit of creativity with it, since most of these things are preserved only in skeleton...
Just my thoughts. user added image
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 17 20-10-2006 , 02:15 PM
Lifetime Member
I would think an Aardvark would be quite a challenge user added image

# 18 20-10-2006 , 07:41 PM
Subscriber
HEh..ardvarks roick..
i loved the one on Kingdom Hospital..." Do me a solid, and i'll do you a solid"..
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 19 20-10-2006 , 08:25 PM
Just wanted to see about this idea..

What about a werewolf or even with a cat head but one like in harry potter.... where its not over-built with muscle i love the look of it very diffent from the typical ones you see ...but at he same time i can do a realitic wolf or cat face add some human modeling as well as some fur. Would be a really oringaial look that i have in mind.

Kinda like the lizard ardvark idea as well.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 20 21-10-2006 , 07:17 AM
a werewolf would be awsome, i was more of a fan of the van helsing one than the harry potter version. It seemed to wimpy for me.

# 21 22-10-2006 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber

# 22 23-10-2006 , 09:07 AM
Subscriber
i'd like to learn something with a wetness texture.

Also ZBrush would be cool!

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 23 23-10-2006 , 10:28 AM
I'll narrow it down to a few and post up a poll tomrrow and see what everyone is leaning towards..

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 24 23-10-2006 , 02:19 PM
Subscriber
I'll hijack the thread a second because I know you read this Kurt. I'll take the opportunity to thank you for the latest Human basic tutorial. Learned quite a bit from it and it was really fun to watch. So thanks for all the time that went into the making of it.

Back on topic: All the suggestions sounds like fun to me. Get crackin' user added image

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 25 23-10-2006 , 03:10 PM
If you want to do something that's going for realism stay away from werewolves, giant sloths etc etc. What you need to do is get something that is real e.g. the cat idea. Then take photos and then the point is to match to the photos. There's no being lazy and saying to yourself "that'll do" when it's blatantly not matching up, with a fantasy creature it's much easier to get away with things that you couldn't with a real creature that you can see infront of you.

Just my 2 pence worth... I really should get some more tutorials done aswell...
user added image

A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 26 23-10-2006 , 06:19 PM
Thanks alan.. as normal you are right.... will, stay away from the fantasy this time...

# 27 24-10-2006 , 02:54 PM
OK... need to pick one from the list below.

Lioness

hippo

iguana

mantis

# 28 24-10-2006 , 03:11 PM
hippo for me or lioness as a close second

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 29 24-10-2006 , 03:25 PM
i think the mantis and iguana are too similar to the sea creature in terms of creation... the lioness has fur, sure, but it's everywhere. on the hippo there's only certain spots with concentrated stubble-type whiskers, which would help teach baldness maps or the like. although it wouldn't be as pretty, i feel the hippo would be the better choice for a tutorial.

Accept no substitutions.
# 30 24-10-2006 , 04:48 PM
I think i will do the hippo will start the model soon and get some updates up.. ty guys.