Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-04-2008 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber

CV Curve Problem

Hello

I'm just giving a simplymaya tutorial a go (link below), but I've summbled upon a problem that I hope someone can find a solution for me....

I'm trying to paint on a CV Curve to create a rocket trail, but when I select the CV Curve and select 'make paintable' I get the following message:

"Warning: Only PolyMesh and NURB surfaces can be made paintable: curve1"

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=48

- It works for the instructor when he clicks it though, but I get the above message :headbang:

# 2 15-04-2008 , 09:16 PM
same problem with me..

# 3 16-04-2008 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
Work Around, as i dont know the tutorial, but i love just going in a different direction.

Duplicate your curve, scale it so that its just on the inside or outside of your original curve.

Go to surfaces and select loft.

Now you just created a Nurbs Surface, now you can start painting whatever you need to paint.

have fun.