Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 07-12-2010 , 09:27 AM

apache environment problem

I'm am working on part five of the animation cd. I am trying to project an image on to the ground plane. I have been following the tutorial and am not achieving the same results as K.Brown. I have my image file (for the ground) out transparency connected to the second projection node's image. Then i connect the 2nd projection node to the surface shader's Out Transparency. In the tutorial the sliders move to the halfway point for those connections, mine stay at the black end and don't move. Also my surfaceshader doesn't turn transparent like in the vid. I'm not sure whats going on, I'm not getting the same results but doing the exact same thing. Please help. Thank You

https://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/...creengrab1.jpg

[IMG]user added image[/IMG]

Last edited by andrew_sorensen; 07-12-2010 at 09:32 AM.
# 2 07-12-2010 , 08:53 PM
[IMG]user added image[/IMG]

this is as far as I get. as you can see the surface material isn't turning transparent when i make the connection from the second projection. its connecting the out transparancey from the projection to the out transparacey surface mat. but i'm not getting the same results as K. Brown in the tutorial. This is from the apache tutorial, animation cd. part 5. so with this setup I have a black bar across the far end of my ground plane where the mts. meet, and moving the mts plane doesnt fix it. The black needs to be transparent, but look at the mat on the surface shader, it remains pitch black. does anybody even know what I'm talking about?

# 3 07-12-2010 , 09:00 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Go into the Out Transparency Attributes by clicking on the box far left side, you should be able to adjust everything in there

# 4 07-12-2010 , 10:10 PM

Go into the Out Transparency Attributes by clicking on the box far left side, you should be able to adjust everything in there

Outstanding. I think it worked. I middle moused dropped the projection 2 onto the out Transparecy. Then i clicked on the button to the right of the slider bar, and did it again for the transparency. It seemed to have given me the results I was looking for. Thank YOU!user added image

# 5 08-12-2010 , 03:48 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
yea no problem man, glad I could help you out.