Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-01-2003 , 12:22 PM
Subscriber

Converting sub-d's to polys

When creating af poly cube and converting to sub-d's with proxy object as "surface mode", I have a slight problem aften modelling and converting back to poly. I cant get rid of the original proxy object which still surrounding the new poly. It becomes a problem when shading the object...

Does anyone know the solution to this problem...?

user added image user added image user added image

# 2 03-01-2003 , 03:17 PM
Subscriber
I don't have Maya Unlimited, so I don't know a thing about Sub-divs, but maybe try turning the proxy surface thing off before converting?

# 3 03-01-2003 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
I have tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if there are any others who are modelling in sub-d's with proxy who can help ?

Kühl
# 4 03-01-2003 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
Oh... silly questian afterall. After wathing a video-tut i realized that one of the main features when modelling with sub-d's is the easy changing from "standard" to "polygon" and vise versa.

The solution was simply to right-click the body and choose standard. The proxy dissapear... and then you have your perfect smoothed body.

I hope its legally to answer your own questions in this forum user added image