Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-12-2005 , 10:27 AM

new in maya need help

hiii i am new in maya and i am planing to do a project of creating my house ..i did a image planer and i watch a movie of how creating a house..but it was a hotel with a big embty space incide and it did not show me my interest..
what i am asking is what do u suggest for me to do room by room or creating the body of the how fist and then begin creating the rooms by creating a walls betwen the embty space in the house ...

and thank u very much

# 2 11-12-2005 , 09:27 PM
Well just start with planes and extrude the edges for the inside walls. Have every inside room planned out in planes, with all of the doors boxed out... etc. Then you go to any higher floor that you might be modeling, and then you move on to the outer walls, the windows etc. Then you go about modeling everything else, I would probable do each room's furniture in a different scene and import them all to the first scene with the walls. Then after everything is done, itll be up to setting lights and textureing,, etc.

It is a very tedious process to make your entire house, and actually render it out really realistically. Very hard.

Good Luck, hope to see progress.

Live the life you love, love the life you live