Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-12-2009 , 07:46 PM

Commercial Shaders for Maya?

Hello all,

I am looking for commercial metal shaders for Maya 2010. The shaders should be usable either with MentalRay or VRay and should contain especially the metal surfaces for aluminum, (stainless) steel and bronze.
It would be great if the shaders are on a procedural basis and not tileable textures.
Does anyone of you know a good commercial shader library? The library does not necessarily be free for download.

Looking forward to your replies,

Kat
# 2 25-12-2009 , 08:51 PM
Technical Director
Try the mental ray mia materials. (mental images architectural)

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 25-12-2009 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
The official mental ray community forum (or at least I think its official - google search 'mental ray forum') has a library of downloadable materials of all different types. I have only downloaded one but I didnt play with it too much, the comments on the site say they are good if a little heavy on rendering. Check what format they are though as approx half of em are .max.