Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-07-2006 , 09:01 AM

How do i create rubble from an explosion or cave in

at the moment i am trying to create rubble/ debris to look like a cave in or blasting in an underground mine.

i am currently attempting to use particles with a gravity field and rigid bodies, the rigid bodies act as a funnel to channel the particles towards the area i require.

the problem i am having is that the particles seem to have no collision geometry in relation to themselves, that is they collide with the rigid bodies but are allowed to pass through other particles in the particleshape and spread across the surface of the rigid body instead of piling up on top of each other.

How can i correct this?

Am i heading i the right direction or is there a simpler way to create this effect?

help would be greatly appreciated,

Last edited by XenoCatalyst; 06-07-2006 at 09:05 AM.
# 2 06-07-2006 , 04:56 PM
Do a google for interparticle colisions theres a pretty good tut for it, slos instance some gometrt to the particles to get different debris.

# 3 09-07-2006 , 10:39 PM
thanks i'll have a look

# 4 01-07-2009 , 09:32 PM
There is now a better way to do Interparticle Collisions, pouring liquids, rubble, etc...
Use nParticles.
Check this tutorial by Duncan Brimsmead, one of the developers of Maya Fluids & the Nucleus system etc.

https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/dunca...ith_nparticles

It is essentially for fluid-like sims, but it can be altered for your needs easilyuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com