Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-08-2009 , 03:15 AM

PaintEffects Vine growth question...

Heya's,

Stumbled onto an older thread in this forum from awhile ago that was similar to my own question. Had an awesome response, so here goes.

My testing thus far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBScPMKDkg

Growing a vine along a brush stroke by keyframing the max clip. I'm wondering if there's a way to get the branches to scale in relation to where the head of the stroke is currently drawing (the maxclip value)? The way it is now, the branch length is global and its noticeable how the branches just appear as its value increases. I...uh, want the branches to look like their growing/scaling up as the head of the stroke passes by instead of chunking on. That make sense? Any ideas? Cheers!