Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-09-2006 , 03:11 PM

Problem with TRANSLATE attribute

Hello people!
I hope I will get some help from you, cuz I'm so depressed because of this. When I use snap to grid (X) or without it and try to move my object by 1 point, it actually moves where i want it to be, but I get "translateY" in atribute Editor and channel box of 0.394. that sucks and makes me crazy!!!
What should I do? btw I'm using maya 8.0 if that helps somehow.
SCREENIE: user added image

If the worst hasn't happened yet, that's because you haven't tried everything yet!
# 2 14-09-2006 , 03:51 PM
The Maya Mountain
if I'm not mistaken, that is showing you *where* the object is in space. It's 0.394 units high in the Y axis. Nothing wrong. That's pretty standard behavior.

# 3 15-09-2006 , 12:20 AM
yeah, but that something new to me. I've never seen it before.
Is there anything to do to make that number be "1" as it should be. Please... it's confusing me this way.

If the worst hasn't happened yet, that's because you haven't tried everything yet!
# 4 15-09-2006 , 06:27 AM
The Maya Mountain
if you really want it to be at 1, 1, 1, you can just type 1s into each of the translate channels. It'll move the object to that position. If you move it anywhere else, though, it'll of course update the translation channels to the new position.

# 5 16-09-2006 , 06:15 AM
I found the reason why this was happening to me!
I changed some of the attributes in Grid Display Options.
NVM, thank you for your time.