Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-03-2007 , 04:13 PM

Game Scenario

Hi everyone

Well, I've been out for a while cause I was full of school projects, and didn't have time for anything.

I'm now doing a project for school that my title is "Game Project", and my team is developing a game with flash games and a 3D interface, and I am in charge of the 3D development.

I've bought an DVD with technics for game development so I follow a bit of the dvd Character Designs.

Hope you like it.

Critics are welcome

Attached Thumbnails

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 2 03-03-2007 , 05:11 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
what's the game about?
liking it by the way

# 3 03-03-2007 , 05:30 PM
good start for a game character.

# 4 03-03-2007 , 06:55 PM
Hi

It's like a GTA game, but with a very small scenario, and the missions are small games made with macromedia flash.

The small games are all logic games, like quizz puzzle.......just to start the play I'll put were one of thel questions.

How many times the number 9 apear in the range 0-100? user added imageuser added image

Very Easy this one.....just think well

I'll post another update tomorrow, it's late and just need to get some small details more perfect

Best Regards

Gamester

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 5 03-03-2007 , 08:47 PM

Originally posted by Gamester
How many times the number 9 apear in the range 0-100? user added imageuser added image
Very Easy this one.....just think well
Gamester [/B]

the answer is once.

# 6 04-03-2007 , 04:42 AM

Originally posted by younglion
the answer is once.

Hehehehehhe, nop try again user added image

Here is the update with hair and a more detailed face expression

Hope you like it user added image

Best Regards

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 04-03-2007 , 04:43 AM
no, the answer is 20.

9 19 29 39 49 59 69 79 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

# 8 04-03-2007 , 04:44 AM
by the way, I have the video too, it's a very good one isn't it.

# 9 04-03-2007 , 09:34 AM

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
no, the answer is 20.

9 19 29 39 49 59 69 79 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

And you're CORRECT :attn:

Yeah, the video was really helpfull, it's a DVD from Gnomon Workshop, really good for game modeling

Another quizz puzzle.....this one is about math

I have 2 barrels , one with the capacity of 3 liters and the other with the capacity of 5 liters. A person as you to go to the river and get exactly 4 liters of water, and you don't have any weight equipment, just your brain user added image

Best Regards

Gamester

# 10 04-03-2007 , 10:39 AM
Senior Software Developer
For answer to this please review the film Die Hard with a Vengence user added image.

Let me know who you get on exporting your models to Flash. Everywhere I have looked states it cant be done.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 11 04-03-2007 , 10:47 AM
I thought about it for about 2 minutes...

1. Fill the 5-liter barrel.
2. Pour the contents to the 3-liter barrel.
3. Empty the 3-liter barrel. The 5-liter barrel now contains 2 liters.
4. Pour back the 2 liters in the 3-liter barrel.
5. Fill up the 5-liter barrel again.
6. Pour from the 5-liter until 3-liter barrel is full.
7. 5-liter barrel now contains 4 liters.

# 12 05-03-2007 , 07:00 AM

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
I thought about it for about 2 minutes...

1. Fill the 5-liter barrel.
2. Pour the contents to the 3-liter barrel.
3. Empty the 3-liter barrel. The 5-liter barrel now contains 2 liters.
4. Pour back the 2 liters in the 3-liter barrel.
5. Fill up the 5-liter barrel again.
6. Pour from the 5-liter until 3-liter barrel is full.
7. 5-liter barrel now contains 4 liters.

And you're CORRECT AGAIN :attn: :attn:

Originally posted by R@nSiD Let me know who you get on exporting your models to Flash. Everywhere I have looked states it cant be done.

Nop, I'm not going to export the models to flash, I'll create the 3D environment, and the mini games, will be done in flash.......like GTA, you have the city that you can travel trough it, and you have the missions that you do anytime you want......I'm in charge to do the city and the character in 3D, and another member of my group will be in charge with the mission (and the missions will be done in flash not with maya)

hehehehe...sorry for my bad english user added image

Sorry for not posting yesterday, but with the champions league games I forgot completly user added image ehehhehe

Almost finish the head and already doing the body, just need to had some dettails do the hair.

Hope you like it user added image

Best Regards

Attached Thumbnails

# 13 06-03-2007 , 04:11 AM
Hi

Here it is another update

Attached Thumbnails

# 14 06-03-2007 , 08:34 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
hi the character looks a lot like one i've seen in a tutorial about gamemodeling from gnomon, i believe.
It looks pretty good although i think there's still lot's more to be done.....waiting for progress

# 15 06-03-2007 , 10:32 AM

Originally posted by mastone
hi the character looks a lot like one i've seen in a tutorial about gamemodeling from gnomon, i believe.
It looks pretty good although i think there's still lot's more to be done.....waiting for progress

Yes I'm following the Gnomon DVD tutorial, but I'm gona change a bit the character, I'll not put the arms and the legs armors, and I'll not put guns and knifes, the rest I'll follwing the tutorial so I can get the game technics needed user added image

Just to get the threat more alive, here's another quizz puzzle.....this one is for math geeks

Divide 110 into two parts so that one will be 150 percent of the other. What are the 2 numbers?

Heres another update of the project, just add details to the butt and body

Best Regards

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails