Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-06-2007 , 04:04 PM

Wireframe on Shaded, but no wireframe

Hey all,

seems like adges I haven't touched Maya. Feel like a noob again. So here is my noob question:
I have Wireframe on Shaded in my viewport and it all was looking fine until I played with the normals and stuff. Now 1 object doesn't have wireframe anymore. Even if I select it, it doesn't show me its wireframe anymore. I might have touched some hotkey I shouldn't have.
Anybody has a clue what I might have done and how to get it back right again?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-06-2007 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber
I don't know if this would effect it, but have you tried reversing the normals for that object, admittedly i'm not sure if that would make a difference but i guess it could be worth a try.

(Do this by going under the Polygon option set 'Normals'>'Reverse')

# 3 23-06-2007 , 12:22 AM
I restarted Maya and it's fine now. Maybe it was a GFX card thing, because I'm not using those rediculous expensive QUADRO cards that Maya only supports.
I'll keep an eye on it how, if ever, it occurs again.