Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-12-2010 , 02:35 PM
Lifetime Member

SMTut_Snow_Particles

Well its done...hopefully better than my HDR glass (yes I will do it Nilla). Thanks David for this tut...informative, short and pretty easy.....nice way to learn a little more dynamics! Love the dynamics...Im hooked.

cheers bullet

(sorry dont know how to youtube link)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4090628/snow%202.wmv

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 18-12-2010 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
to youtube link open the link to your video, copy it and paste it into the message. It will be playable right from the message-board.

Looks like you need to add some turbulence or something to make them not fall in a straight line. Something to disrupt the straight falling pattern.

# 3 19-12-2010 , 01:25 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks rhet.

Yeh I did add turbulance.....I still had to play with the settings...for some reason when I did the tut all of the settings were set to hurricane mode??? I dont know why they were, the only thing I could think of was a scaling issue maybe? I dunno. When I set everything as per David they blew across the solar system at warp factor 5! There is some turb in there...not enough though eh? I have never seen snow mate...dont ever get it here in Western Australia...just dust LOL. Thanks mate... I will try the youtube thing later

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 19-12-2010 , 05:20 AM
Subscriber
Ant, Mate...didn't you watch that Video Amy and i Uploaded to you and Jules a few days ago for the snow?...
I mean..come on what better reference could you get then fresh snow fall from my front yard?..LoL

G-man

# 5 19-12-2010 , 07:57 AM
Lifetime Member
Oh yeah...like I can reallllllyyyyy see the bloody snow you goose LOL....

bullet1968

# 6 19-12-2010 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber

# 7 19-12-2010 , 09:12 PM
Lifetime Member
bahahahah thanks rhet...well its summer here and I just woke up to go to work and its raining like buckets??? thank you for the snow mate...

cheers bullet

bullet1968