Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-01-2008 , 03:38 PM

Champane anyone with bubbles ???

user added image
Well I used a glass shader for a wine glass then I got an idea from a tutorial using some older glass shader
(complex) but I stole the refraction index for water that is 1.33 and the glass was set to 1.55. So I worked of of that then I though "Bubbles I need bubbles" so I did some spheres then shrunk then copied then copied and so on. Then I lowered the poly count down alot. Then I found this from google https://www.darksim.com/dswiki_new/index.php/Refraction So I did that for the bubbles. For champane I took the innner shape that fits inside of the glass then changed reflection color color and so on to a yellow ...
user added image
I am still working on getting in more bubbles more realistically. I'll do more bubbles and improvements based on suggestions.
Well Hope that was not bad for being 15 + anewbie who just started Maya :bow:

Last edited by jm82792; 20-01-2008 at 03:54 PM.
# 2 20-01-2008 , 05:14 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
"Call me bubbles darling, everybody does!"

"Champagne, Champagne for everyone"

-Sorry about that user added image

The images you posted are a bit too small to see any flaws.... or maybe thats your master plane user added image

Anyway, from what I can see, everything is looking shipshape!

Nice work!... Champagne? user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 21-01-2008 , 01:42 AM
The flaw is very eay to spot unrendered but rendered I can't find it for a $100 unlees I got better higher resolution images. If anyone wanta to do what I did I can do a quick little explaination.

# 4 21-01-2008 , 12:59 PM
should raise the poly count of those delete all but one and use an instance. It'll look better and have a lower poly count in the end. Looks good though. Mabey some foam?

# 5 21-01-2008 , 09:07 PM
Post a bigger image if you can, I'd like to see what they look like - I'm making props just now and plan on having some liquids in the scene.

Also, an instanced piece of geometry will still increase the poly count.

# 6 21-01-2008 , 09:32 PM
Senior Software Developer
I would look at other solutions than using more and more geometry. Try a solution with Maya Dynamics and Fluids to get the look you want. I am sure there must be one out there fro bubbles in liquid/fluid. I am the same we need screens of about 640x480 to be able to crit or look at, these are far too small to make out anything.

Mayaniac, lol @ the Little Britain quote. Just dont try to sell your body to pay your bills

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 7 22-01-2008 , 03:04 AM

Originally posted by wokendreams
should raise the poly count of those delete all but one and use an instance. It'll look better and have a lower poly count in the end. Looks good though. Mabey some foam?

A little lost I am sorta new to all of this,I did not do a full view since I have not put bubbles around the top correctly,
I'll have to do some dynamics tutorials since I am completely lost about your suggestion. I could also just do more bubbles to fill the glass better then for foam make very very small bubbles then sorta make foam.
"I would look at other solutions than using more and more geometry. Try a solution with Maya Dynamics and Fluids to get the look you want. I am sure there must be one out there fro bubbles in liquid/fluid. I am the same we need screens of about 640x480 to be able to crit or look at, these are far too small to make out anything."
Still alitlle lost user added image

# 8 22-01-2008 , 07:17 AM
If you are just using a dialectic material for the liquid then some sphere particals released from a hidden duplicate of the faces around the inside of the glass at a very low rate would not be a bad start. if you make it so they have to collide with the glass but have no bounce and a lot of friction, some should even stick to the sides in a realistic matter. As for the ones on the edge of the liquid surface/glass border, a circular goal object should work just fine.

If that doesn't make any sense, then yes, you should look at some tutorials. user added image

# 9 22-01-2008 , 07:23 AM
Sorry I have almost done all the maya tutorials but noy dynamics since I am tryign to improve the skills I have now,
I used a glass shader with a different refraction indeax. Well I'll keep reading and learning then try again with some moving bubbles.

# 10 22-01-2008 , 07:27 AM
Good plan. Best of luck.