Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-10-2004 , 05:39 PM

image plane in side view

hi
i have a nurbs surface and i loaded an image onto it using the hypershade and loading a jpg file on it. it appears fine in the perspective view but in the side view the image does not appear. its completely white. i have hardware texturing turned on. so why does that happen? could someone help please? thanx a lot.

# 2 26-10-2004 , 06:35 PM
Hit the number 6. Your probobly in smooth shaded mode.

# 3 26-10-2004 , 09:33 PM
To expand on what Goose said, each view has their own setting. When you select hardware texturing in perspective, it does not change it for the side view panel too. So in side view, do like Goosemage said and turn on hardware texturing.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 4 26-10-2004 , 10:37 PM
hi
i meant that i put hardware texturing on for side view as well. and by white i mean actually white....like instead of the normal grey. if i turn hardware texturing off in the side view then its grey...and when i turn it on, then the plane changes to white but the image does not appear. help please? thanx a lot.

# 5 26-10-2004 , 11:09 PM
You know, now that I think of it, sometimes I swear that I turned haardware texturing on, and it doesn't appear, and I'll toggle it back and forth, then open the attriubte editor and make sure everything is in place, and it still wouldn't show up. I reapplied the texture or shader and it worked... maybe a bug?

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 6 26-10-2004 , 11:16 PM
wow thanx that actually worked...i went to file attributes and clicked 'reload file texture' and it appeared. thanx a lot.

# 7 27-10-2004 , 01:09 AM
Yeah, no problem, glad to give back to the community. Glad it worked too, lol. At least I know I wasn't hallucinating now. user added image