Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 17-09-2002 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber

Noobie question

Hello all,

I've recently joined the Simply Maya forum and am really impressed by the content here.

I just started learning maya about a week ago and am working through the Maya 4 fundamentals book.

My question is this. Is there any way to take a scene or model from maya and convert it to OpenGL? I am in my Senior Design class and my project is making a V basketball video game that uses a headset and gloves. :banana: Most likely my group will have the option of using whatever rendering platform we desire. (Im also learning OpenGL concurrently with the Senior Design class. Modeling in Maya is so much better than coding the same thing in OpenGL. Any help will be apreciated

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 18-09-2002 , 01:07 AM
SM Alumni
Welcome to Simply Maya, think you will enjoy it here, lots of good people sharing their love for creating graphics. Now as to OpenGL, I haven't got a clue, but hopefully someone here can help out.

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 3 18-09-2002 , 01:12 AM
Supreme Being
Welcome to Sm GateKeeper.. :p
about the OpenGL.. emm.. i second Darkon.. lol.. i'll keep my eyes open incase i see something..

# 4 18-09-2002 , 01:27 AM
I don't know much about openGL coding.....but I think Poly-Trans might be what your looking for....check it out user added image

hxxp://www.okino.com/conv/pt4maya2.htm

If that is not what your looking for......that means I also have no clue user added image user added image

Welcome to SM!!!user added image

# 5 18-09-2002 , 03:36 PM
Subscriber
I talked with my client. (A proffessor in our department) and he wants it done strictly in OpenGL... Oh well.

I appreciate all your help.user added image

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!