Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-04-2008 , 06:59 PM

Merge vertices problem

Hi, I am currently doing the free dog tutorial and am almost at the end. When i mirror my dog down the center i get a little bit of space between the edges of one side of the image and the other side. So i select the vertices and click merge; however, nothing happens and I have tried increasing the threshold. I was able to merge on other parts of the tutorial perfectly and yet these ones do not work. Also, another strange thing that happens when i try to select the vertices to merge: i cant make a box around them to select, i actually have to click on each one separately while on other vertices I can do the box select no problem its just these edge ones.

Anyone know what might be causing this?
P.S I have included a pic.

Attached Thumbnails

New to maya !!! wanna make a ferrari
# 2 24-04-2008 , 03:42 AM
19 year Veteran
You have to combine both halves before you can merge verticals. Aside from that, you should be merging edges instead of merging verticles. Hope that helps out.user added image

# 3 24-04-2008 , 09:54 PM
thx combine worked user added image

New to maya !!! wanna make a ferrari