Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-04-2016 , 06:17 AM

Some objects darker? (problem)

Hello everyone,
I recently started learning maya. So I do not know much about it.
But I have a problem with the lighting. Some objects are darker than others, while they all have the same material. The problem seems to do with the sphere, because it is the only one with the right lighting. If I add other objects and give them the same material, the objects are also darker. But if I give an object a different material, then the object receives the correct lightning. And something else that is strange, when I press use all lights or use no lights, no matter what, the scene remains light.
I hope someone understands the problem.

thanks in advance.

PS sorry for my bad English.
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Craftdragon; 28-04-2016 at 03:08 PM.
# 2 28-04-2016 , 03:27 PM

Making progress

I think the problem has something to do with the triple shading switch, because when I remoeve it on the sphere, the sphere turn dark like the other objets. But I still have no idea how to fix it.
I hope someone knows to solution.