Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-10-2007 , 09:11 PM

UV mapping - mesh has been assigned two textures?

Hi,

been uv mapping a model, and something has gone wrong. When I select certain UVs on the mesh, I get the default black and white chequered texture. On others, I just get a blinn (my objects material). This is in the UV texture editor, and on the model, some of th mapped parts have the cheque, some just blinn.

Is there how do I then combine these both? (I've deleted the extra UV sets that I'd created by accident, by leaving "assign new shader" checked - this has probably got something to do with it).

Thanks,

gubar.

# 2 13-10-2007 , 12:59 AM
I dont know if you can combine them, you can choose which shader that goes to which texture tho, by using the uv map-texture link it can be found somewhere under the windows panels. (It might go under a different name I will look that up in a few hours when I get home. user added image)

# 3 13-10-2007 , 03:18 AM
Thanks for that,

been at it all day though and decided to start texturing something else (my character).

Got another issue: the stretching of the texture. As you can see, the nose area is showing stretching, and I can't get rid of it - is it possible to get a grid smooth on such an area on a character? Or, should I make a separate uv for the nose (and risk an obvious seam_?

here's an image:

thanks,

gubar

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 13-10-2007 , 04:08 AM
Badly need help now. I've just rotated my model to cylindrical map the arm, and when I rotate it back, the uv goes haywire. I also notice that the map I made of the ear has gone wierd, the face however is fine regardless of the rotation.

What the hell is going on?

cheers,

gubar

# 5 13-10-2007 , 04:13 AM
Delete the scene before the evil UV curse consumes you. user added image

Well the thing I was talking about earlier is located in Window>>Relationship Editors>>UV linking>>Texture-Centric.

If your uv change when you rotate the model, then something is weird. Good luck tho. user added image