Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-04-2011 , 02:48 PM

Creating an "Anime Style" Character

Hi, I'm just new to Maya and I was just wondering if you can help me out. I've started to learn the basics, and I want to create an anime-style character like this one...

user added image

Yeah for starters like me, I want to create a character like this. Is there any video tutorials or guides for creating this character from scratch, I mean like adding the hair, the clothes, adding wielded weapon and character movement and kinetics etc.. I want to use the character for my game project in Unity 3D, although I'm just good at programming & scripting games, I'm a noob at 3D modeling. Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. By the way, this site is great! Hope I can learn so many things here about Maya. user added image

# 2 21-04-2011 , 03:00 PM
SM Tea Boy
Well we sell this

https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=136&sub_cat=2

Which sounds like what your looking for. Might be tough to follow if your an absolute beginner but it's going to be about the easiest to follow one your going to find.

Good luck with your project.
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 21-04-2011 , 05:34 PM
Thanks you sir! I guess I'll try that.

# 4 21-04-2011 , 05:48 PM
SM Tea Boy
If you give it a go let us know how you get on in the WIP section plenty of people there to help you out to if you get stuck.

All the best
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"