Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-03-2004 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber

copying keyframes

Hello.
I have just started animating and wandering the reasons why if i select all keyable, then copy and paste frames does the copied frame mangle completely. (see attachment)
Is there any way to stop this? Is it due to the rotations rotating again?
Any info on this subject would be much appreciated.
thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-03-2004 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
by the way when i do this i am selecting a frame where all keyable are keyed, then copying and pasting with all keyable selected

# 3 28-03-2004 , 08:44 AM
ok mate,
what was the animation too do?
I may be able to help considering my Specialty iz animation.
im not sure what youare doing but when i copy frames i select my 1st frame and last of that sequence.making the same amout of frams so like 1 10 - 10 20 i past 1 on 10 but the 10 on 20 it copys that way too.
if this hasent helped just say i will try to help you more.
cya mate

Almost Professional
# 4 29-03-2004 , 08:10 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for that info.
i have found that if i right click the frame and then move it to wherever in the timeline i can copy it like that.

# 5 30-03-2004 , 07:54 PM
you can also select a frame with a keyframe and then middle mouse drag to a new frame on the time line (Maya wont update it's screen) so you can then rekey the value at that new point.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 31-03-2004 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber
Hi matmonkfish,

have you e.g. tried to use the DopeSheet, it is quite usefull when copying keyframes... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...