Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-10-2006 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber

curves are locked in some axises and can not be edited

hello
I have this bad problem about creating and editing curves...
sometimes when I create a curve in one of the views other than perspective, the curve appears to be locked in one of the 3 axises. means for example I can not move the curve point in Y axis or X.
why this happens?
can I do something about this?

thanks alot

rsh
# 2 05-10-2006 , 01:04 AM
ummm.... is the lockup occuring outside of the orthographic view? If it is, then you have a real problem.

If however, the planar lock is happening while creating the curve inside one of the orthographic views, that's supposed to happen. its so its locked into a single plane. Actually helps make cloth panels. I don't know if you can disable it, but I wouldn't really want to, anyways (check preferences). If you want to make a curve that moves in three dimensions, try using another view in conjunction with that.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com