Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 31-12-2007 , 08:00 AM
Subscriber
AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING CONTRARY.., WHICH IM NOT.., TOO CLOSE TO WHAT?? LOOKS FINE.., DIFFERENT TOKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS EH?? user added image

(sorry caps lock on??) user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 32 31-12-2007 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
too close to the eye. suspension of disbelief is fine. I rarely go for full realism either. But it has to be clear that in this world everything will work. So we are still loosely constrained in some way to physics. The fact that we were not all certain what it was supposed to do is a sign that it wasn't quite well designed. Just bending it out a bit would fix that confusion - Somewhere between those mirrors on bike helmets and what he had here.

# 33 01-01-2008 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber
totally a good point and very well put user added image jerks me back into 'realism' within the world it belongs to..,

watched miyazarki last night.., porco rosso.., and in the light of that anime.., what you said is perfect (as was miyazarki's anime)

hey looking at your avatar.., as i always do before replying (i already seen yours many times user added image ).., i notice you are labeled 'subscriber'..?? whats that.., most people here are labeled something., except me, what do you do to get a label like that.., some senior members, no junior members though, some acolytes, some this and some that, wheres the (forgot the word) ..??.., measurement/graph for this and who decides?? just curious (as all crazy artists should be).

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 01-01-2008 at 01:29 AM.
# 34 01-01-2008 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
ah I think that was just the default? I don't know what I could have done to get it otherwise haha

anyway, let's not hijack KindDogg's thread user added image awaiting updates

# 35 02-01-2008 , 02:41 PM

Attached Images

Yay, not a freshman anymore!

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 02-01-2008 at 08:35 PM.
# 36 03-01-2008 , 12:47 AM
yep - miyazaki is great. user added image

i think the eye piece could work - it just needs to be better positioned.

# 37 03-01-2008 , 09:56 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
i think it needs the eye peice but it should be embedded in the helmet in place of the viser (the vest off the visor should still be there, just get rid of the bit where the eyepeice wud go

# 38 07-02-2008 , 03:01 AM
havnt updated for awhile, ive been really lazy lately... tryin to finish everything up! id like to mess with the eypeice more but im running outta time fast (and the lazy thing). i still need to mess with renders and textures, should get it done this weekend!:p
critz and comments welcome
https://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5705/f2testhd5.jpg

Yay, not a freshman anymore!

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 07-02-2008 at 04:00 AM.