Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-06-2005 , 12:42 AM
Subscriber

My First Solo Model

I've done two tutorials....the dragon head and another small one....this is my first solo attempt at one. Its supposed to be a Twin Sky Pod ship from Cloud City in the movie Empire Strikes Back....I havent done any bump mapping or texturing yet...not sure how to do it but I added some color and transparency on the windows.

Any constructive critisism would be welcomed! Be gentle...I've only been using Maya for 2 weeks.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Skeksi; 19-06-2005 at 12:46 AM.
# 2 19-06-2005 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
additional shots....

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 19-06-2005 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
last shot....

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 19-06-2005 , 04:26 AM
Hey...nice work after only two weeks of Maya....it is a little messy...but you'll get the hang of it after more practice...but really..it's awesome for two weeks worth...all I had done after 2 weeks was the bouncing ball (from the maya foundation book =P)..hehe...anywho..keep at it and good luck
TheAnswerRP03

# 5 19-06-2005 , 12:26 PM
Subscriber
Yes it does look good, but you can tell you used shaders that got distorted in some parts, or bad UV layout. But keep it up.

# 6 19-06-2005 , 12:33 PM
Subscriber
yeah when I added texture to it using lambert i played with the UV texture just for the experience.....looks like a big orange watermelon :p

Thought the Sky Pod was perfect for first time try since the shape was simple to achieve and since it was a twin pod ...using the duplicate was fun. I tried to use some lighting inside the cab with the transparent windows I put there but the light wouldnt show...not sure how to make a transparent object truly transparent I think.

Last edited by Skeksi; 19-06-2005 at 12:36 PM.