Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 121 10-09-2003 , 12:45 PM
hey guys... someone is supposed to email me and give me a time for the interview, but my email is all messed up.. I can't even check it anymore. I wonder if it is my computer....or if it is the mail server.

can someone try going to the site, and let me know if they get the same error??? that would be cool. the error that i get is:

10061 - Connection refused
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

the email site it:

https://mail.digitaldejavu.com:8383

please let me know if you have the option to sign in or if it is the same error page. Thanks alot guys,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 122 10-09-2003 , 12:48 PM
The Maya Mountain
The Page Cannot Be Displayed.

# 123 10-09-2003 , 01:13 PM
Grrrrr.... thats the right address to... Thanks for looking. That really sux. What a mess, I emaild the company that I am going thru... but I haven't heard from them yet. Thanks for looking for me Mike,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 124 10-09-2003 , 03:00 PM
DUDE!

Lemme know if you need a quick email address setup that you could pass along to them!

I can set one up for you here at Rage.

Just lemme knowuser added image PM me.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 125 10-09-2003 , 03:31 PM
Rage, thank you very much for the offer! But, My mail just came back up... I hope that its working now, that would be nice user added image I think it is, now I can send stuff out atleast. Thanks alot, hopefully I will hear something today, who knows... Sorry for the lack of updates! Been really busy and stressed out.

Hey, Last night I wasd playing ET (Enemy Territory) and My video card over heated. So I restarted it and when windows was comming up... Smoke was comming from my machine, and I had that really
"uh oh" electrical smell... some of you know what I am talking about user added image Then my monitor went off.... what happened was the memory and stuff in my videocard fried user added image But the good thing, is that now I know why my CPU and Ram kept on overheating, because of the ambient heat caused by my video card getting to hot the last few weeks... So I went out and spent "a little" money on a GForce FX 5900 card. So much better than the Gforce 4 cards!! it runs much much cooler, and the temp of my processors stays around 50 degrees, and it doesn't lock up anymore. Pretty cool. so now I think that my hardware issues are fixed, just need to reistall windows, I think I will upgrade to xp. The only bad thing about the video card is that it takes up two slots... that means something else has to go
user added image i have my sound card, nic card, capture card, usb 2.0 card... not sure what to remove, for now I removed my sound card, and used the built in one on the motherbord. Talk to you all later,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 10-09-2003 at 08:36 PM.
# 126 10-09-2003 , 05:48 PM
hey guys, my interview is tomorrow at 3pm user added image just found out, I will post and let you know how it goes. Thanks!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 127 10-09-2003 , 05:53 PM
ROCK ON BUD! Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 128 10-09-2003 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber
Good luck brian we are all crossing our fingers.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 10-09-2003 at 08:35 PM.
# 129 10-09-2003 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
SEE!? (only took me 17 minutes too)

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 130 10-09-2003 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
good luck brian

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 131 12-09-2003 , 04:41 PM
Hey guys. user added image the interview went really welll. Much better than expected. (unofficially, he said I should be hirred user added image Just got to wait untill Oct. To see when I would go in for the personal interview and then find a place to live.. I would move in in the end of November. I am very excited. THey really liked everything i did on my demoreel besides the matchmoving... He asked me if I had anyother models besides my jeep... I said I had a few... lol so now they want me to send in a demo with modeling, if it is good enough, i iwill be one of two people who get to move around a bit in differet departments, modeling/matchmoving... This is what i wanted to for my first job in the film industry because if for some reason I would leave or something, I have more than just one area of experience. Anyways, needless to say I am very excited, sounds like it is pretty much for sure, just need to go thru the rest of the steps of the process. user added image user added image So... now I need to make a modeling demoreel. I think I have plenty of stuff, I just need to put it all together. he said it doesn't even need to be rendered, as long as they can see the wires, thats all they really care about. So, I think I will put a bunch of good quality playblast together. Now I really need to get cracking on this truck so i can get it done for my demo. Talk to you later,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 132 12-09-2003 , 04:49 PM
God luck bud... You will get it your stuff rocks...

oh and if they need a character modeler or animator give my name muhahahahaha

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 133 12-09-2003 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
Well Brian, this is great news. Hopefully it gets better.

# 134 12-09-2003 , 05:19 PM
Good luck Brian! Can you say what company it is? user added image

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 135 13-09-2003 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
YAY congratulations Brian!!!!

Can I ask what company that was? Just curious user added image