Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 14-12-2002 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
Yeah.

It's all about pushing buttons.

I took a look at it and found that they tell you a lot about HOW to do something, but not necessarily WHY.

But I wan't really sure if my first impression was right, so I wanted to know if someone else knows the book.

Thanks,

Renderizer

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 32 18-12-2002 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
Mastering Maya 3 might be a good one. The tutorials aren't very good, but it has a lot of in depth explanations of the whats and whys. plus you could pick it up used on the cheap.

# 33 19-12-2002 , 12:44 AM

books and resources

I have plenty of resources as far as books and dvd's about Maya. I'd agree with all whom said the Exploring Maya isn't that good. I find myself picking up Mastering Maya 3 a lot. I am also waiting for may Maya Savvy book from Amazon (I actually wrote Sybex and Amazon bitching at them about what a scam it is to advertise a book that in actuality could have never had anything done on it except some cover art...i mean damn, that book has been advertised on Amazon for over 6 months and the release date changed at least 3 times)...Another good resource is the web...you can find a lot of small tutorials in a very wide range of subjects for Maya all over the web. I like to use Acrobat to open some of these web tutorials and make pdfs from them so I can arrange them with other tutorials on my hard drive...of course these are all my problems that I shouldn't really bother you with.user added image
later...good luck
-drj

just trying to pick a few things up
# 34 19-12-2002 , 08:22 AM
Hi there guyz

What about the bible series, is it any good?

I kinda like it as I used them in Flash 5, and MX

I'm surronded by bibles though I'm a muslim user added image

Happy New year everyone

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.
# 35 21-12-2002 , 11:58 AM

better publising company than bible series

Salam :
i am your muslim brother!
Bible series is really a big bull never buy,never ,never ,never,because these books are really bad
because i read several books of bible series,but always confused
buy the books of friendsofed
www.friendsofed.com
really good books if u really want to do some thing different!

i love maya ,but knows nothing about maya

Last edited by Saiyan; 22-12-2002 at 11:22 PM.
# 36 21-12-2002 , 01:12 PM

Which is the best book for MAya

i think learning maya basic is the first step but some people can't adapt with new book. i just think old maya versions are very good for basics you may find it from somewhere in net
so we might get less head crashing about maya great funciton

# 37 21-12-2002 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
Maya 4.5 Savvy is slated for release in january i think and will include projects for begginer and advanced.

# 38 22-12-2002 , 11:30 PM
May I remind people that language is to be curbed in here. Some people browsing the board are minors so let's keep it clean.

For the Bible series of books I think that your opinion is a bit harsh. Although that there are many books out there that are really not that great.....some of the bible series of books actually helped me quite alot and I am sure helped some others out as well.

It's not the opinion itself, it's the way it's conveyed to everyone else that I don't like.