Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-09-2016 , 10:44 PM

Rigging Problem - Mirror Skin Weights

Okay so I'm new to rigging but I'm faced with a problem - I can't get Maya to mirror my skin weights correctly. Thing is, I weighted the skin on the Right Side so that might also create an issue.

I go to Skin>Mirror Skin Weights, change every setting around, and Maya always manages to scramble all the weighting around.

So my question is, is there a way to circumvent the problem entirely? I've researched this problem a lot but no advice I've found fixes my problem, so I don't know if there's a way to mirror the weights manually, or "copy and paste" them so to speak.

Any advice is helpful. user added image Thank you! user added image

# 2 12-09-2016 , 01:59 PM
To anyone still struggling with this, I found a solution on a forum that lead me to this link - it's basically Autodesk explaining how to save what skin weights you have and start from scratch then re-import those weights. It helped me some:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...543.1473283963