Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-08-2004 , 06:35 AM

Fade a complete model to transparent

Hey there!

I have a complete model with a lot of diffentparts with different shaders on. Now I would like to fade the hole thing transparent to 0 %. How can I do that? I would love to do it without keying the transparent setting on every shader used.

Thanks in advance.

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 2 26-08-2004 , 07:36 AM
i'm afraid that's exactly what you will have to do, unless you do it in post and just fade it out in aftereffects or shake etc. The other option i guess is to do a set driven key or connect them all to one attribute (so they all share the same value) and just key one of them.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 26-08-2004 , 08:05 AM
Thanks! The answer I didn't wanted to hear. I've never really looked into those driven key jet, gues I'll have to at some point of time.

Thanks again. Hey, you seems to answer all my questions user added image Guess were in the same time zone, eh.

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>