Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 24-03-2009 , 05:21 AM
Subscriber
I'm going to have hime posed on a sculpture pedestal with him in a battle pose of some sort. I'm not sure if I'll have him solo or with another character in the scene. There will be other props in the final image regardless. The language is taken from several different types of ancient symbols I've seen. However, I'm also going off of a design for a character concept by the artists at The Four Horsemen Studios. Thanks Dango77!

# 17 31-03-2009 , 04:16 AM
Subscriber
Double Chakram Blades

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 31-03-2009 , 06:00 AM
Looking good but the renders are a tad dark.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 19 03-04-2009 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber
Hey Guys! I'm just finishing up on the last couple of pieces of armour for this project. Here's the leg guards. I'm going to add scratches, battle marks and more texture detail to all of the armour when I start my ZBrush work. Let me know what you all think! user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 03-04-2009 , 09:49 PM
The Nurb Herd
I think you will have problems if you are taking this to zbrush as it has lots of irregular polygons and triangles... nice bump maps tho, you might find you have trouble adding scratches and what not, as you will have to add them to your bump maps.

# 21 03-04-2009 , 10:15 PM
yeah - definitely make sure you keep everything as quads if you're taking it into zbrush. also change the background color of your render camera to a light grey - it's under camera attributes - i think under environments. it will just lighten your scene making it easier to read when you render.

really liking this character and his weapons. nice one. user added image

# 22 04-04-2009 , 01:53 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestions guys!!! I'll work on those tris, although most of the model I try to keep quads, as much as possible, anyways. Also, I'll re-render some of the shots with a lighter bakground, thanks Arran!! I'll have some more renders in a couple of days. :attn:

# 23 26-04-2009 , 05:43 AM
Subscriber
Hey Guys!! I just wanted to post a couple more pics of the swordsman with all of his armour on. I'm getting started on the ZBrush work now so it'll probably be a little while until I get some more images up. Let me know how you think this guys coming along. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 26-04-2009 , 05:44 AM
Subscriber
Swordsman Back Perspective

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 03-05-2009 , 11:04 AM
very impressive! :bow:

I love of the details on it!

superb work!

if possible, try to make it more muscles on the body, it would look very sleek!