Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-06-2012 , 08:21 PM

HELP PLEASE

I have been working on a Maya scene from last one week I was done modelling and lighting of the scene. But just because of power cut i lost my Maya file almost every object. Showing this error.

errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please check the scrit editor.

file -f -o "E:/JUNE/knight/knight/FINAL.mb";
requires "Mayatomr" "2011.0m - 3.8.1.26 ";
# mental ray for Maya 2011
// Mental ray for Maya: using startup file C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/maya.rayrc.
# mental ray for Maya: setup
# mental ray for Maya: initialize
# mental ray for Maya: using 1 license
# mental ray for Maya: register extensions
// mental ray Node Factory: loaded
# mental ray for Maya: successfully registered
# mental ray for Maya: loading startup file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/maya.rayrc
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/AdskShaderSDKWrappers.mi
// generating Maya nodes...
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/architectural.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/architectural.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/base.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/base.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/contour.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/contour.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/JS_MultiLayers.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/JS_MultiLayers.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/paint.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/paint.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/physics.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/physics.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/production.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/production.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/shaveMRShader.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/shaveMRShader.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/subsurface.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/subsurface.dll
// parsing C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/include/surfaceSampler.mi
// loading C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2011/mentalray/lib/surfaceSampler.dll
requires "stereoCamera" "10.0";
// File read in 0 seconds.
// Error: No object matches name: renderLayerManager.renderLayerId //
// Error: No object matches name: renderLayerManager.renderLayerId //
// Error: No object matches name: defaultRenderLayer.precompTemplate //
updateRendererUI;
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// Error: Error reading file. //
// Error: Error reading file. //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
// Warning: Problem creating panel for Saved Layout: Four View //
// Warning: Panel size cannot accommodate all requested Heads Up Display elements. //
// Warning: The 'showLineNumbers' flag is obsolete and will be removed in the next version of Maya. Use the Script Editor checkbox to turn on line number display instead. //
// Warning: Panel "" does not exist. //
// Warning: The 'showLineNumbers' flag is obsolete and will be removed in the next version of Maya. Use the Script Editor checkbox to turn on line number display instead. //
// Warning: Panel "" does not exist. //

I also tried to open it in Maya 2009 selecting option ignore version in that also it shows the same message.

Can anybody help me to recover this scene

any idea.

Thanks
Dushyant.

# 2 22-06-2012 , 09:29 PM
SM Tea Boy
Post the file I'll take a look at it. Well if you don't mind sharing the scene file, if you don't want to post it publicly email it to me admin@simplymaya.com

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 23-06-2012 , 06:45 AM

Post the file I'll take a look at it. Well if you don't mind sharing the scene file, if you don't want to post it publicly email it to me admin@simplymaya.com

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey i have send you my file of Maya scene on your Email id.

Thanks for support.

# 4 23-06-2012 , 12:28 PM
SM Tea Boy
Sorry I tried your file, even tried recovering with a hex editor. Unfortunately it seems that if it is recoverable it's beyond my ability.

Looks like you're starting again user added image
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 23-06-2012 , 04:32 PM
Thanks Dave for support.
Thanks for taking time and checking it.

The worst thing is i don't even save another copy of it..user added image I lost my 1 week work..user added image

will do a different scene now.

# 6 23-06-2012 , 04:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'm sure you don't need me to say this now, but I typically save a new copy of the file on a daily basis. ProjectName##_fileDescriptor.ma (e.g. PanzerIV07_modelling). Others have more stringent and file heavy systems like incremental saves every five minutes creating new files, keep the last 20 or something.

# 7 23-06-2012 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
I have incremental save turned on - but I`m sure it only creates a new file every time you press save - I limited it to 10 files though - God send that funtion

# 8 24-06-2012 , 02:18 AM
Lifetime Member
I have it set to unlimited...incremental save. I dont use the auot one. Its just a habit to get into....every now and then save, especially before doing a major new function etc...saves heartache.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 21-08-2012 , 08:00 PM
Navin
Hellow! i m new here ...i hav the same problem as "Dushyant"..is there any way to get back my model?

# 10 21-08-2012 , 08:36 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
As thats an MB file format thats gonna suck trying to get an ounce of info back from it, had that been an MA file chances are that would have recovered because they store more info.

I had this happen years back on both accounts.

for the record, I learned from a colleague of mine who came from Weta that an MA file is a good way of saving scene files that have issues, they are bigger files but they tend to clear out the crap, kind of like an obj but dont strip out everything important you'll need.

just my ten pence of useless info

Jay

# 11 21-08-2012 , 08:51 PM
Super Moderator
Maya can be temperamental at times so that's far from useless Jay. They take longer to read and write but being able to salvage work is priceless I should think.

- Genny
# 12 21-08-2012 , 09:15 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
hehe just being my humble self Gen

Jay

# 13 25-08-2012 , 08:49 AM
Navin
hey would u like me to help to recover my file?