Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 166 05-09-2005 , 08:55 PM
awsome, i'll get to work on a jet then. i'll post progress here as it happens. i'll start mine next week

(are these jets gonna have wheels or hover? or does it not matter?)

this is gonna get a bit like wacky races hehehe

i wouldn't mind helping out with the terrain. i think someone should decide what sort of terrain we're gonna use so we can do appropriate jets for it (if i stick wheels on it and it ends up being on water or snow it'd be a tragedy, know what i mean?)

Professional Noob

MSN me
# 167 05-09-2005 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
ok..this is gonna be a jet race tournament right, so we kinda want all types, desserts, water world, poles, tropical area, etc... 20 jets right, so we need many many places for this tournament, hehe, ok, and about the type of jet.... maybe kind of like this
https://www.gamerz-edge.com/psp/media...0box%20art.jpg
and bte, jets dont have wheels =/, well only for landing

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 168 06-09-2005 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
I can model a jetuser added image

Will probably take a while but if there's any other small props i can do that to!

also i think it would be cool if it was like night in rocky desertlike terrain.

Last edited by kablink; 06-09-2005 at 02:37 PM.
# 169 06-09-2005 , 09:33 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Wooooooww!!!! Kool idea!! One thing: we must need characters with names that remember your names at SM.
Like:Total Rookie=Teral Amookieuser added image . Hehheee...I've already started my own...

Maybe we can create some WIP thread or threads that show our progress...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 170 06-09-2005 , 11:32 PM
Well, I wanted to make some props too.

I like that. And a jet... maybe I can model one of those. As props, I need suggestions as to what we need. I have nothing else to work on, as my friend hates the dragon I made for him. And as for my Challenge, I dont want to do an old game model. A cool prop I was thinking of was like in a scene, looking at an angle toward the sky, with the sky in the background and a 45miles per hour max speed sign in the foreground. And the jets go soaring over it and it bends over from the air speed. But the jets are like really close and its like the sonic boom that knocks it over. And as for the scenario, I disagree with the night idea, though it really isn;t up to me. I think it should be like midday, with a blazing sun. As for more suggestions, hows about a... floating trafic cone-post thingy? Like to mark out the field? I'll work on it and show my progress... and btw... I will create a WIP thread named Group Film - Jet Race. Unless our leader wants to do it, I'm perfectly fine with that too.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

P.S. As for my name, howabout ChillyVanillyWillieDilly? (you know, from Hot Shots 1?)

# 171 07-09-2005 , 06:43 AM
hai

i m 25 years old, name saravanakumar
i m very intrested to make short film,
its my ambition

living place -chennai city , tamilnadu dt, INDIA.

mail me full detail -- saran_maya@yahoo.com

# 172 07-09-2005 , 06:18 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Well, there'll be many scenes, so we can do all the ideas we are able to. And everyone will have its own jet with at least 1 character and a limit of 4 chars in a team. There'll be no name restriction, except for offensive names.

As for Saravanakumars, u are in!!

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 173 07-09-2005 , 07:38 PM
Subscriber
Props??

I think we need to decide quick about the environment so that we can come up with props and all that.

Is there anyway of voting here? So you can vote for night in desert like envrinonmentuser added image
Also is it going to be starwarslike or more "modern"??

Cheeriosuser added image

# 174 07-09-2005 , 08:00 PM
Yeah, I think we should vote too. But my idea would be to single out three nominees for the env. My nomination would be to use daytime desert. And as for the rendering batch... hmmm... I have a pretty good computer, but I don't want to be rendering the thing for 20 days! Especially if we are going for photorealism. Also, my idea for that would be to each render certain scenes. Or, for a better idea, can any of ya'll stream targas into a movie file? Or jpegs or whatever? That way we can all render like 5 frames a day, if it takes like 1 hr per pic. Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 175 08-09-2005 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber
is it really necessary for the quality of the film to take one hour per pic?? I don't mind rendering but I don't have acces to the comp all the time.

# 176 08-09-2005 , 07:47 PM
Well you might not have to render! And for the quality, I dont care how long it takes, but I would say make it as good as it can without making each render take years.

Cheer, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 177 09-09-2005 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
ok u guys, we seriously need to start working instead of thinking how this is gonna turn out, plz go google msn messenger download it, its free dont worry, make a passport, like a email address which is how we can add ppl, put ut to ur signature, and then everyone adds each other we will have huge chatting rooms, and everything will go well then

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 178 09-09-2005 , 04:17 AM
kewl idea mates... Ne thing that i can do...? I dun know wethr im up to yourstandards or not.. but im sure that i can get all ya sound needs done... even 5.1 may be.... Ne ways i think 1st you have to finish the visuals b4 going in to the audio.. So wud can I do...?

# 179 09-09-2005 , 08:07 PM
I can't do any msn or any kind of chat for that. But I can do the simply maya chat room at the top of the home page. So we should do it there instead of MSN. And I have been doing some work, on my jet. Thing is I went back to bad old habits. I am modeling it in NURBS. Well, anyways, I'll be on the SM chat most of the time anyways.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 180 10-09-2005 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber