Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-06-2006 , 10:30 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Character Texturing

Hey Guys

Texturing!! , just applying the first layers of color, Im using hi res images plus PS custom made brushes, lots to do

Cheers
Jay

user added image

# 2 05-06-2006 , 12:05 AM
Subscriber
Looking forward to some amazing textures on this one Jay.

# 3 06-06-2006 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber
For your head did you start with a primative? Just wondering how you basicly modeled it ( was looking at your other thread)

# 4 06-06-2006 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
there you are LOL at last, the texturing. Mate, is that texture done with a ramp or is the darker areas shadow ?

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 06-06-2006 , 07:24 AM
Eldwick

Personally, I always start with a cube, if this not your cup of tea poly by poly is another good way...

Mirek
No, no ramp, the red areas are just the base color that I always start with and build over to the fleshier colors, I'm just working on one side thats why it looks this way, so I understand your 'ramp' confusion.

Will post updates later
Jay

# 6 06-06-2006 , 11:14 PM
Subscriber
Wow and he's going to texture her as well. I think it's really great that you shared the whole process of making your character. And amazing you got the will to uv map and texture straight after finishing the modeling. It is always good to see people realy going for it:attn:

looking forward to see it finished:bow:

# 7 11-06-2006 , 09:09 AM
Hey Guys

sorry for the delay in updates, will post later. Been on the case of getting my head around Z brush. Very cooooool, cant wait to integrate this into my work

Jay

# 8 11-06-2006 , 11:34 AM
As you can see its coming slowly together. All of this IS hand painted, I decided to just go for it without my using my hi res pics for once, also Ive customised my PS brushes even more, and got plenty of reference.

Adding the blemishes and darker tones around the eyes, the idea is to have a tough chick, good looking at the same time, but have a battle hardened look as well, possibly with that lack of sleep look too

Cheers
Jay

user added image

# 9 11-06-2006 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
you thoguth about giving her one of those Sexy scars that run form her forehead down her cheek across her eye?.. That, would friggin rule...
Somethgin about a gun totin woman, who has nice breasts and bootay to spare.. and that scare...Man..
Heh
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 10 11-06-2006 , 04:45 PM
Hey G

No big scars for this lady, Im saving that for another character

Cheers
Jay

# 11 11-06-2006 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
Ahh..sweet sweet..

Is this char for your Outlaws comic?.. or somethign else?.. if you dont mind my asking..
Sorry if you've already answered that, i'm ..too lazy to read through your last thread for her to find out..LoL

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 12 11-06-2006 , 05:39 PM
Yup Outlaws

_Jay

# 13 12-06-2006 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
dude, looking god as always LOL. anyway the ramp thing, what i meant was the shadows, i understand what you meant but i was referring to the shadows and highlights. recently i learned a trick with ramps and colour, using the ramp with the same colour but with different tones toward black, depending on where you want the shadow. i might put it up on WIP, this is what i meant because you got some amazing lighting in there and i was wondering if this is how you did it or if you have placed a number of lights in the scene or is this a simple directional lighting?

cheers mate, looking forward to more.

ps, did you paint that redish shadow under the eyes in pS?

one crit, a rare thing from me to you but,i think too much highlight around the top of the mouth, can achieve the same thing with a highlight of reflected light from the bottom of the nostril to where the top of the lip starts, around that area, if your interested let me know and i'll wiz you a better explanation user added image the top of the lip looks flared a little/lot

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 12-06-2006 at 01:51 AM.
# 14 12-06-2006 , 09:59 AM
Hey Mirek

Thanks for the comments. No, no ramps, though I know what you mean. Its an old hack trick using various other nodes, to give a better tone etc.

As for the 'hot' areas, Im not concerned right now as theres no spec maps. I just brightened it to show the color map off a bit more.

Its too red right now as well on this image. will post tnite. I have had migraine so am just passing thru quickly before heading back to bed. My eyes are just killing me right now, and the heat here in the UK doesnt help either.

Cheers to all
Jay

# 15 12-06-2006 , 03:56 PM
Well finally got my arse out of bed this afternoon with a clearer head, had a bit of a blitz on this...

No spec or bump maps as yet. But the texture size is 3072 square

Best
Jay

user added image