Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 181 19-10-2003 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
Yah brid, FOG MACHINES RULE! (sorry out of context for all you onlookers) We used them on stage when my band played battle of the bands.

Anyway do a editpoly>normals>set to face and then a soften

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 182 19-10-2003 , 11:44 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hows this?

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 183 19-10-2003 , 11:46 PM
Simply Maya OG
And....

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 184 20-10-2003 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
*in homer simpson voice*

mmmmmmmmmm swirly smooth highlights..............

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 185 21-10-2003 , 02:25 AM
Simply Maya OG
Converted to sub-d. Question....how do I get rid of those gaps? I think its something to do with full/partial creases. Any ideas guys? Thnx

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 186 21-10-2003 , 02:34 AM
maybe there are vertices that arn't merged?

# 187 21-10-2003 , 01:16 PM
Easy fix! Just select the vertices of each corner, and choose Hard Edge... should work for now.. but for the final model, you are going to want to combine both poly sides and merge the verticies so that there won't be any noticible marks... the only real issue you may have is trying to keep corners that are not out side edges, like where your trunk meets.(Corners that are like at the top of the door) from smoothing out to much. The same idea could work, but it really slows down your computer to get it to look the way you want... I try to creat beveled edges around corners, so that i won't need to "crease" it as much when I am in Subd mode.
Thanks<
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 188 27-10-2003 , 11:24 PM
Simply Maya OG
Got everything all fixed up except the sideskirts and the spoiler. The skirts...Im just too lazy to do it right now. And I still gotta figure the spoiler out. Hows she look?

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 189 27-10-2003 , 11:25 PM
Simply Maya OG
back side.

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 190 28-10-2003 , 05:00 AM
Subscriber
Whoa, hybrid! Its lookin good user added image. I cant wait to see this when its finished, it reminds me of something off of the fast and the furious :thumbsup:. Its a bit too, oily, for me though at this time. Maybe change the texture? I just feel theres too many reflections, and the ones you do have seem to not form to the car, exaggerated almost. THe model itself though looks great. Is this polygons.. and if so how many?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 191 28-10-2003 , 08:15 PM
Simply Maya OG
Thnx M. Yea, the texture/material is just temporary for now. Once I get all the modeling done, Ill play around w/textures. I started out in Poly, then converted over to Sub-D. Its 1556 Polys before I converted over. user added image

- Hybrid
# 192 28-10-2003 , 11:28 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hows the texture now, M? I took off the reflections, cause after I looked at it and thought about it, there was too much reflections. Also made the hood carbon fibre. Except for the interior, and the spoiler, what else looks like it could be better? Oh, and dont mind the skirts. Theyre supposed to look like that. Thats how I like them. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 193 29-10-2003 , 01:53 AM
Subscriber
user added image.. yaay. I like it more now, Maybe render off some high quality ones for us.. im not sure.. is this top quality? It just looks a bit fuzzy. Anyways, i like the tires and how you have the whole look going. You going to give it a neon glow? Heh.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 194 29-10-2003 , 04:09 AM
Simply Maya OG
Now, I tried a couple of different colors; Deep blue, baby blue, red, green, and white. Out of all those colors, WHITE came out the best, IMO. Now you may ask, "They dont make white hover lights." Well, they do now my friend. user added image Muhaha. Hehe. Sorry. Yea...M...about the quality..its the jpeg compression that sux. Its at top quality. Jpegs just suck for quality, as we all know so..... Here we are. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 195 29-10-2003 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber
Nice work brid, i'm likeing it. Finish up those lights and then work on the interior.

I'm uploading the most recent streetscene file so you can render you;re cars on a nicer looking pavement