Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-12-2017 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber

Computer spec list: best bang for the buck..

I need to update the specs on my computer I have some questions.

Would the specs be the same for someone using Maya and VFX as it is from someone using it to build a game using UE4 or Unity?

Can anyone advise what would be a good computer spec list (CPU, GPU, Memory) that is best bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance.

# 2 20-12-2017 , 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
Given that a lot of modern renderers have great GPU capabilities, I'd say at this point, the answer to the first question is yes if you're going with a gaming card.

And as far as suggesting a good bang for your buck, well that's a bit difficult without a budget.

- Genny
# 3 20-12-2017 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Gen, I will start looking for a good and affordable GPU.

# 4 22-12-2017 , 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
I thought I might add that with all the talk about video cards, hopefully I didn't downplay the importance of a good CPU. You know your pipeline better than I do so if you're using cloth simulation software (like Marvelous Designer for example) that leans hard on CPU, then these are things to take into consideration.

- Genny