Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-04-2005 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber

Cables?

How can I create a cable and make it maintain the loose, flexible look? I'm currently modelling my desk at work, and currently have my mouse and keyboard apparantly wireless user added image can some one quickly run through how to run a cable and have it appearing to loop and rest on the desk?

J-5ive

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 05-04-2005 , 03:53 PM
create a curve that has the path you want the cable to follow. Then create a nurbs circle that is the radius of the chord. Then select the circle then the curve and go to the options of surfaces>>extrude and change the options to:

style -> tube
result pos -> at path
pivot -> component
orientation -> profile normal

et voila

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 05-04-2005 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
another way of doing the same thing would be to create a curve how you want your cable but create a polygon cube at one end of curve select the face that lies on the curve and shift select the curve goto extrude face options box you can find it in edit polygons menu go down to use selected curve for extrusion and bump up the amount of divisions

You can then sub d your object to create a smooth cable

Cheers
Rob

# 4 06-04-2005 , 08:15 AM
or you could just change the output from my way from nurbs to polys user added image but either or user added image

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 06-04-2005 , 09:01 AM
Subscriber
Cheers lads. Ill give that a go

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.