Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-02-2007 , 11:31 PM

question about skining

just have a question about skining

is the correct process : do a whole body skeleton and smooth bind as a whole to the model or issit to smooth bind individual body parts ( like arms ) then parent them

i keep trying around but i still cant solve the problem , when i move my arm more than a certain degree it comes out of the model , it looks like its detached from the body. and i suppose to union my body parts?

confused...

# 2 17-02-2007 , 10:31 AM
Subscriber
I always make one model to skin. I don't do individual body parts because like you said it is hard to keep them together. If you want to keep individual body parts to do things to, you can make a copy of say the face or head. Than make the head model a wrap deformer to the whole skin and change the deformation order so that the wrap deformer deforms the whole skin before the smooth bind. But yeah try and make your bound skin one piece of geometry...