Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-03-2003 , 03:00 AM

peeling label off a bottle

Hello all, I have a problem (again) that I hope you guys can help me with:

I need to make a label peel off a bottle and then fly off like a sheet of paper. The adjective used was "wispy" The bend deformer works great for the peeling, and I was looking to deform the label on a path for it's flight, but I can't seem to get the label onto the curve, properly oriented and positioned, without a jump in the animation. And even then, the label inverts itself when it loops.

Anyone with a better approach?

user added image

# 2 20-03-2003 , 03:20 PM
SM Alumni
Hi Calvin
motion paths can be a bit of a pain... to aviod the jump onto the path, snap the first vertex of the curve to where you are going to have the label peeling from.
take a look at the attached file to see how you could set it up (but using bones instead of the deformer) - its pretty crude, but may give you an idea user added image
hope this helps..