Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-07-2013 , 08:35 PM
Noober than noob

So if South Park was made in Maya...

Does this mean that something similar to Flash animation can be done with Maya?
Would the Maya Vector renderer be useful in this case? What can be done with it?

Has anyone used this mode to render 2D animation? If so, what was the result?

# 2 11-07-2013 , 10:15 PM
SM Tea Boy
If you have not already done so look into the Maya toon shaders

As for the Maya vector render I've never used it so i'll let someone else answer than
Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 11-07-2013 , 10:26 PM
Noober than noob

If you have not already done so look into the Maya toon shaders

As for the Maya vector render I've never used it so i'll let someone else answer than
Dave user added image

https://download.autodesk.com/us/maya...mber=d0e553696
This looks interesting (the .mov is an example of what I'm interested in).
Maya Vector also seems to be having the same effect, the only problem is that the objects look weird.
I'm thinking of having a go at 2D animation for a project, though not sure how easier it is compared to 3D rendering / modeling / rigging. Is it faster?

Vector render seems to be faster in producing cartoonish stuff without the shader, but I wonder just how much control it offers:
https://download.autodesk.com/global/...ber=d30e607785

Last edited by SilverFeather; 11-07-2013 at 10:38 PM.