Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-08-2003 , 10:22 PM

Displacement

I'm trying to understand how to do displacement in Maya, but cannot get it to do anything. I've made sure I have mesh to be displaced, and made a very simple material so it should make a very simple pyramid, but it does nothing. Does anyone want to take a look and see what I've missed?

Thanks,
-dann

Attached Files
File Type: mb displ01.mb (42.7 KB, 125 views)
# 2 12-08-2003 , 03:01 AM
Well, I finally figured it out. Rather obscure, but you have to set the Alpha Gain under Color Balance to get any effect. It was a shot in the dark, basically trying every single item in the attibutes window that eventually uncovered this hidden one.

# 3 15-08-2003 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber
Hi Dann,

I don't know if you have been to this site yet, but there is some quite interesting stuff which Olivier Renouard has made about displacement maps... -->
https://www.drone.org

e.g. his plugin... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...