Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-03-2011 , 04:18 PM
Banned

help make middle-mouse button work with Maya!

Help! Running Maya 2011.5 on a Mac Pro, running OS-X 10.6.6. (Dual 2.4 Ghz Quads, 12 Gb RAM)
Forced to use a Dell standard, 3-button mouse, there is some strange mapping for the buttons.
LMB is ok. RMB is ok, but MMB is messed up.

The Scrollwheel works ok, but the middle mouse button simply does that 'Expos'e' thing (showing all the windoes on the desktop), and doesn't 'track' or allow pulling Hypershade tiles around, etc.

'System Preferences' offers no option for the middle mouse/scroll wheel.

How do I get the middle mouse button to work as it should?

Thanx!

# 2 01-03-2011 , 06:17 PM
EduSciVis-er
It should be under System Prefs (that would be my expectation anyway, interesting that it doesn't seem to be there). Google a solution for mac, I don't think this could be changed in maya.

# 3 01-03-2011 , 06:28 PM
EduSciVis-er
Okay, try going into System Prefs, then to Expose and Spaces, and turn off MMB as a hotkey for whatever it's doing. Then give your MMB a try in maya.

# 4 01-03-2011 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber
Open System Prefs like Stwert said and click on Exposé & Spaces
In the middle it'll have all the short cuts you can use to use this stupid feature
just turn off the mouse short cuts and you'll be fine. you only need the keyboard short cuts for this stuff and if you need to use it regularly just use the active screen corners.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D