Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-04-2004 , 05:31 PM

Need help with school assignment!!

Hey everybody,

I'm a bit new to Maya, I haven't used it much yet, but I can make some things. (So far I only made a few Maya tuts like a temple, an egg and cup and a hammer) But now I have an assignment for school. (Subject is art) to make an animation. I had an idea about "cirkle of life". I want to make a little animation where you see a little baby grow to a little girl, an adult woman and an old grandma. It doesn't have to be very realistic as long as you can see that its a human. But I realized I don't even know where to begin, So does anyone feel like helping me out??!!

greetz Maya (mayasappelli@hotmail.com)

# 2 27-04-2004 , 07:50 PM
mayatjeuuuh !!!

hi maya, if your new to maya i surely wouldn't go for anything photorealistic. maybe straight forward polygonal modeling with non photo realistic shading.
maybe you could get started with posting some stuff in the wip forum (funny name aint it?)
but who am i to advice you, i am a complete and utter newby in maya (but hooked already). there are some geniusses hanging around on the board here. keep on bugging them!!!
i wish i could have been more of assistence.
good luck with your assignment !!!

skol,

luke

Last edited by luke; 27-04-2004 at 10:46 PM.
# 3 27-04-2004 , 09:35 PM
If you're really new to maya then what you've said, though a very interesting idea, seems like it might be a little difficult. Might wanna do a simple human or animal shape and animate them doing something. There are plenty of rigging/animating tuts here.

# 4 28-04-2004 , 09:35 AM
I'm like I said very new, but I like challenges. My idea is something like this: A crawling baby that slowly stands up, When it stands right its a little girl, she slowly becomes larger and than its a woman, and than she slowly bows her back to an older woman. Maybe now you can more visualise my idea. The woman doesn't have to be very realistic as long as you can see that its a woman. I'm tinking of maybe making sort of a cartoon of it.
I will show my beginnings in the WIPforum when I finally know where to start user added image

Greetz Maya

-- Maya --
Pentium 4, Radeon 9800 Pro,
1,00 Ghz, 17 inch TFT