Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-06-2005 , 02:01 AM

Help

Hi, I am, well the ultimate newb at maya, try, this is my first day. I have dabbled Lightwave, and worked a bit in Cinema 4d, but Maya is what I really want to learn. I was trying to follow this tutorial : https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...tml?tut_id=64. I can follow the video just fine, and I am using Maya 6.5 Unlimited. When it says to go into the Hypershades, I do that, but as opposed to 'Create Material', I have 'Create Maya Nodes'. When I just follow the directions from there, even though I am not in 'Create Material', when I try to Middle-mouse-drag the material onto my plane, nothing happens, it simply changes to a different shade of grey. I tried rotating around in the Perspective view, but still no dragon image.:headbang:. Can anyone help me with this?
(Sorry that I am still a newb.)

# 2 27-06-2005 , 02:42 AM
Press "6" when in the persp view. this will activate the "textured view" mode.

# 3 27-06-2005 , 04:10 AM
Thanks! Also, why does it say Maya Nodes, and not materials?

# 4 27-06-2005 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
Maya is node based, i.e. everything in Maya is a node. There are shape nodes, material nodes, transfrom nodes, etc. Maya has a great help file, just press "F1"

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."