Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-04-2013 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber

Relationship between mia_photographic and Sky Portal

Hi guys,

I´d like to understand the relationship between the attribute "Cm 2 Factor" inside mia_photographic_exposure and the intensity of a Portal Light as a direct light (without Physical Sun and Sky).

I have a scene that simulates a studio. There are some big objects and a curved background. The scene scale is 1 unit = 1 centimeter (0.39 inch).

For illumination, I put an area light with "Use Light Shape" and "Visible" on, and I plugged the mia_portal_light in Light Shader. To Portal Light works as an emitter light, I turned off "Lookup Using FG Rays" and turned on "Visible" and "Use Custom Environment", keeping this blank. Ok.

If I keep "Cm 2 Factor" = 1, the intensity of portal light must be something around 10000 (Obs: I set other values of exposure, as camera sutter, Film ISO and F Number).

If I change the Cm 2 Factor value to 1500, the Portal Light intensity works fine with 30.

What is the correct workflow? Keeping the Cm 2 Factor with default value or not?

Thanks,

Leandro Oliveira
www.leandrooliveira.com