Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-04-2013 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber

Camera background color when rendering

Camera background color when rendering

So I was following this tutorial
https://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/aut...ing-mentalray/

And on step 22 it says I can change my camera background color which I did and did some renders and they looks awesome instead of the pitch black default color. When I save out the render it reverts to black though, in the saved render image.

What gives?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 05-04-2013 , 04:07 PM
SM Tea Boy
check the alpha chan of the rendered image user added image just bring the saved render into PS and change the bg color.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 08-04-2013 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber
how would i check the alpha?
i use PS cs4

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 4 25-04-2013 , 03:42 AM
Subscriber
hello?........

# 5 25-04-2013 , 03:46 AM
EduSciVis-er
It's the white and grey circle in the render view in maya. In PS it's in the channels palette.

# 6 25-04-2013 , 11:03 AM
Subscriber
in ps you go : "Select" -> "Load Selection" -> in the channel tab, choose "Alpha 1" (that's if you've opened your layer, otherwise the alpha channel will be default) -> hit "OK" user added image